Curriculum Vitae of
Dr . MONOJIT MONDAL
MBBS, MD, DNB,FRCR (Radiodiagnosis),
GI AND MSK RADIOLOGY FELLOWSHIP(UK),
NAME : Dr Monojit Mondal
FATHER’S NAME : Sh. B.B Mandal
PRESENT ADRESS : 117-A J&K POCKET DILSHAD
GARDEN DELHI-110095, INDIA
: 21 GRIDLEY HILL COURT, HILTON ROAD, HARTSHILL, STOKE ON TRENT,ST4 6TB.
TELEPHONE : +91-9811545989
DATE OF BIRTH : 27th May 1985
NATIONALITY : Indian
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS : : [email protected]
: MBBS, MD, DNB , FRCR (RADIODIAGNOSIS)
REGISTRATION/MEMBER . :Delhi Medical Council(DMC)
General Medical Council – UK
British society of GI radiology(BSGAR)
• All India Senior Secondary School Examination: 82.1%.
• MBBS: University College of Medical Sciences (2002-06).
• Internship: Guru Tegh Bahadur hospital Delhi-110095 (2007).
• MD Radiodiagnosis: Maulana Azad Medical College and associated Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi (2009 May-20012 June) Delhi University passed in April 2012.
• Awarded Diplomate of National Board in Radiodiagnosis in 2013.
• Completed Fellowship of Royal College of Radiology on November 2015.
• IELTS mark achieved on November 2016 listening (9), reading(8.50),writing(7.00) and speaking(7.00) with overall score of 8.00.
TRAINING AND WORK HSITORY-
2009-2012 - JUNIOR RESIDENT
2012-2015 - SENIOR RESIDENT
2015-JANUARY 2017 - CONSULTANT IN SURAKSHA IMAGING CENTRE
2017- 2018 OCTOBER : CONSULTANT IN PLATINUM IMAGING CENTRE
2018 OCTOBER TO 2019 OCTOBER: FELLOWSHIP IN GASTRO INTESTINAL RADIOLOGY IN ROYAL STOKE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN UNITED KINGDOM.
2019 OCTOBER TO PRESENT: FELLOWSHIP IN MSK RADIOLOGY IN ROYAL STOKE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN UNITED KINGDOM.
• I completed my MD JUNIOR RESIDENCY in Radiodiagnosis during June 2009 – May 2012 from Maulana Azad Medical College, Lok nayak and G.B Pant hospital New Delhi-110002 and further pursued my three year of SENIOR RESIDENCY from june 2012 till may 2015 in the same institution where the initial three years of residency was mostly supervised working with a consultant while the last three years was mostly independent reporting and doing procedures with occasional cross checking as and when required. The hospital is a 2400 -bedded tertiary care hospital catering to almost whole of central and north Delhi and as a referral centre for whole of north India.
• During my 6 years of residency program, I underwent intensive training in all the routine and special investigations – namely conventional radiography, special investigations like barium, intravenous urography and related procedures, conventional mammography, whole body CT including CT angiographies, MRI covering almost all the major specialties except cardiac, gray scale and Doppler ultrasonography and non vascular interventional procedures like USG and CT guided biopsies, USG guided taps and drainage’s.
• The residency program also included 24 hour emergency posting, during which we were expected to report x-rays, emergency contrast procedures, computed tomography and ultrasonography with guided interventional procedures like abscess drainage, pleural tap and biopsies.
• The hospital in which I did my residency( Lok Nayak Hospital) has most of the latest technology and radiological machinery including the latest generation 3T Siemens Sonata whole body MRI, Siemens 6 slice & 128 slice MDCT, Iconos digital radiography and fluoroscopy, Digital radiography (DR), conventional mammography, highest grade ultrasonography machines including Doppler, usg-ct fusion biopsy and elastography (Philips EnVisor, HD11, ATL, Siemens Acuson S2000, GE Voluson e8).
• After my senior residency, I worked as a full time consultant radiologist in Suraksha imaging centre, Saini eclave delhi and was working from 10 th july 2015 till 10 th January 2017. The centre had all the conventional imaging modalities with multi slice 16 slice ct and 1.5 T MRI with 5d ultrasound where I independently reported on an average 10 -15 MRI in a day which included brain, spine, msk, abdomen , pelvis and (head and neck) angiography. I also reported 7-10 CT a daywhich included head, body imaging and 1 or 2 CT angiographies of limb and aorta with 5-7 general ultrasound like abdomen, pelvis, small parts. I had a keen interest in cross sectional radiology with subspeciality interest in CNS, MSK and Abdominal imaging.
• I was working in Platinum imaging centre from 10th January 2017 till 7th October 2018 which has all the conventional imaging modalities with multi slice 128 slice ct and 1.5 T MRI with 4d ultrasound ultrasound where I report an average of 10-15 MRI in a day which includes brain, spine, msk, abdomen , pelvis and head- neck, limb and aortic angiographies. I report 7-10 CT a day with general, oncolgical, traumatic and paediatric case load and which might include 1 or 2 aortic and limb ct angiographies and 1-2 cardiac ct angiographies with 5 to 7 cases of general and obstetrics ultrasound a day .
• I worked in Royal Stokes University Hospital as gastrointestinal radiology fellowship from 22 october 2018 till 21st October 2019. I was working on advanced GI reporting like CT colonograms, Triphasic liver CT, Pelvic rectal mri and MRI’s, all varieties of inpatient and outpatient cross sectional studies and non vascular interventional procedures like liver biopsy, ct guided biopsy and drainage’s.
• I am now working in Royal Stokes University Hospital as MSK fellow from 22 October 2018 till date, I report cross sectional studies pertaining to the speciality, participate in trust sarcoma and spinal MDT and also participating in interventional procedures like usg guided MSK injection, arthrograms, ct guided injections.
Ultrasound/Doppler: I have experience of working on Philips EnVisor, Philips HD11, ATL, Siemens Accuson, GE Voluson, Samsung 5d ultrasound machines.
Trans rectal ultrasound (TRUS) of Prostate
Superficial parts ultrasound( scrotum, thyroid, breast)
Doppler of spleenoportal axis
USG of shoulder
Usg guided MSK procedures
Computed Tomography (CT)
I have experience of working on Siemens 6 slice, SIEMENS and GE 128 slice and toshiba 16 slice MDCT machine in our department.
General imaging of the head, neck, thorax, abdomen and pelvis
Cardiac CT Angiography
Peripheral arterial angiography
CT guided biopsies/FNAC of intra abdominal lesions and ct guided drainage
CT guided lumbar nerve root block
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
A state of the art 1.5 and 3T siemens Sonata whole body MRI scanner is present in our hospital. An average of 25 cases is performed every day.
• General whole body MR imaging
• Musculoskeletal MRI
• MR angiography of brain, carotid arteries
• MR angiography of aorta
• MR angiography of limb vessels
• MR venography
• MR spectroscopy
• Rectal MRI
• Barium swallow study
• Barium meal upper GI study
• Barium meal follow through examination
• Barium enema study
• Hysterosalpingography (HSG)
• Micturating cystourethrography
• Retrograde urethrography
• Retrograde pyelography
Conventional radiography : Plain and contrast studies.