Dr. Farooq Rasool
s/o Dr.Ghulam Rasool Chaudhry
17-Ali Block New Garden Town Lahore
Phone: 0092300-9441756, Mobile: 00966532532078
E-mail: [email protected]
& [email protected]
EDUCATION AND POST GRADUATION COURSES:
Passed HIPPA compliance course from A.I DuPont pediatric hospital –DELAWARE USA–sept 2011
2-DMRD (Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore, Pakistan) 1989
3-Extensive Training & Fellowship in Diagnostic Ultrasound (United Hospital Medical Centre, Affiliated with University of Medicine & Dentistry, New Jersey & Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, USA) 1985/86 (one year).
Visiting scholar at dupont childrens hospital, delaware –USA-from 15/09./2011 till 14/10/11.
4-MBBS (KEMC, Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan) 1983
5-FSc Aitchison College, Lahore-Pakistan 1976
Consultant Radiologist: King Abdul Aziz specialist Hospital, KSA from 12th July 2014 till date
Pediatric Radiology (16 years +)
Visiting scholar in Pediatric Radiology –Alfred I DuPont
Hospital for children Wilmington, Delaware (15th sept to 14th Oct 2011)
Volunteer Pediatric radiology consultation to South Africa on the platform of world federation of pediatric imaging-(USA).
March 2009 to 12th july 2014: Associate Professor & Head of Radiology (Children’s hospital and institute of child health Lahore-680 bedded hospital)
Training & teaching under and postgraduate students in diagnostic imaging and supervising and reporting the procedures and exams in x rays, ultrasound, color Doppler ultrasound ,CT and MRI for in and out patients ,interventions and procedures. And Managing the department.
1997-March 2009: Senior Consultant Radiologist (Children’s hospital and institute of child health Lahore)
Training & Teaching Post graduate students supervising and reporting all procedures and exams in diagnostic imaging in X-ray, Ultrasound, Color Doppler Systems, MRI for Inpatients & Outpatients.
Managing daily routines and duties of the department in affiliation with the Administration of the hospital.
Adult Radiology (23 years +)
1994 to date: Consultant Radiologist (Lahore Medical Imaging Pvt.ltd)
Establishing a state of the art private imaging centre, and introduced the cutting edge (MRI) technology for the first time in the province of the Punjab.
1989 to 1994:Consultant Radiologist (Mayo Hospital (MORE THAN 2000 BEDED HOSPITAL), Lahore)
Reporting all procedures and exams in diagnostic imaging in X-ray, Ultrasound for Inpatients & Outpatients.
2009 till today: Faculty member, convener of medical imaging technology & examiner school of allied health sciences affiliated with University of health sciences, Lahore Pakistan.
Chief Radiologist –Naseer hospital, Lahore. TAMC,Lahore.
Teaching experience: 16 years +
Associate professor of Radiology: children’s hospital and the institute of child health, Lahore
Associate professor of radiology: Riphah international university, Lahore
Teaching and training under and postgraduate classes and students in radiology,pediatric radiology ,doctorate of physiotherapy,medical imaging technology Bsc honors and had been convener for the course by allied school of technology children’s hospital affiliated with university of health sciences. Had been examiner for underand post graduate exams conducted by university of health sciences,Lahore and Riphah international university, Lahore.
PUBLICATIONS & PAPERS
1. Polysplenia syndrome associated with situs inverses abdominus and type I jejunal atresia. Dr. Farooq Rasool, Dr. Bilal Mirza AJASPJ case accepted 18.4.11
“Correlation of Magnetic Resonance Patterns of Lumbar Disc Disease with Clinical Symptomatology of Patients”
Farhana Younas, Rafia Shahzad, Farooq Rasool
3. Role of ultrasound in ESWL,
4. Role of color Doppler, ultrasound in erectile dysfunction
Arab Medical Journal.
5. Public Awareness in Radiation Protection
6. Clinical Indications of MRI
7. Role of MRI in Oncology
8. Interpretation of routine chest radiographs
9. Role of ultrasound and comparison with ERCP in obstructive jaundice in collaboration with Prof. Nusrat Ullah Ch, Mayo Hospital in 350 cases.
10. Renal biopsy in childhood nephritic syndrome. (JCPSP volume 12 No. 8 August 2002)
11. Nephronophthisis: A Variant (JCPSP volume 15 No. 06 June 2005).
12. Medial collateral ligament injuries; assessment with MRI
Professional Med J Jun 2002;9(2):96-99.
13. Multiple Sclerosis in A Tropical Population.
Pakistan J Neurol Jun 1998;4(1):16-24.
14. Cochlear implant in children’s hospital, our experience- published in 2010
15. Anti-coagulants followed by long term use of azahioprine and aspirin in childhood primary arterial stroke. JCPSP under printing
16. Diagnostic role of neurosonography in the evaluation of intracranial haemorrhages in premature and low birth weight infants-under printing
17. Biophosphonate therapy improves biochemical ,Radiological &clinical parameters in children with osteogensis imperfect.(Pakistan paediatric journal,Vol.34(3)September 2010
Sedation and General Anesthesia for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Examination in Children
NAZIA AKHTAR, ZIA HAIDER, FAROOQ RASOOL
Pak Pediatr J 2013; 37(4): 226-30
Department of Pediatric Anaesthesia, The Children’s Hospital & Institute of Child Health, Lahore.
Prof. Dr. Gold Berg, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, USA.
• Prof. Alferd Kerts, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, USA.
• Prof. Mathew Riffkin, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, USA.
• Tony Gasel Berty, United Hospital Medical Center, New Jersy, USA.
• Prof. Rasheed A. Mian, Prof. Javaid Saddique, Prof. Ashraf, Prof. M. A. Cheema,
Prof. Nawaz Anjum, Mayo Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Dr. Zia Farooqui, Prof. Dr. Mian, Dr. Javaid Ashgar, Dr. Saqib Javaid at Lahore Medical Imaging as a Radiologist in the field of MRI since eight years.
• Dr. Mehfooz-ur-Rehman, The Children’s Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
DISTINCTIONS AND AWARDS:
President society of pediatric Radiology of Pakistan (SPRP)
Volunteer teleradiology services to south African hospital on the platform of world federation of pediatric imaging (WFPI).
1. Pioneer in introducing state of the art MRI technology in Punjab province in private sector, 1994.
2. Developed state of the art diagnostic imaging centre having MRI & spiral CT-Scanner along with other related imaging equipments in collaboration with hospital and Government authorities for the Children’s Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
3. Honored by addition of his name in who’s is who in Medicine & Health care in the world in millennium addition-2000.
4. Consultant Radiologist for USA immigration at Wilshire medical centre.
5. Member Pakistan Science Association.
6. Member of American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.
7. Member of Pakistan Ultrasound Society.
8. Life Member Radiological Society of Pakistan.
9. Consultant Imaging Physician for Pakistan Cricket Board.
10. Joint secretary, unique healthcare society.
11. Member clinical Magnetic Resonance society of USA.
12. Representing Asia s largest and worlds 4th largest group in health care group in Pakistan called APOLLO HOSPITALS FROM INDIA.
13. Established 1st telemedicine link in Pakistan between India and Pakistan.
14. Examiner and paper setter for university of health sciences, Lahore Pakistan
15. Convener for medical imaging technology BSc Honours programme at school of allied health sciences ,Lahore –Pakistan
16. Attended many national and international radiological meetings and conferences in Pakistan and abroad.
17. Editor Radiopedia magazine in genitourinary section.
18. Consultant imaging specialist for Pakistan cricket board & Pakistan hockey federation.
19. Member Rotary club international, Lahore pakistan
Has great interest in the field of Diagnostic Imaging like MRI, CT-Scan & Color Doppler System and new innovations since post graduation i.e. 1989.
Member Pakistan Hockey Team under 21 and represented the Country in Spain, England, Holland, Yugoslavia, Pakistan and played 29 international matches.
Captain Punjab University Hockey Team, 1981-82.
Member Punjab University Hockey Team, 1976-1982
Awarded University Blue in Hockey, 1981-82
Sports Secretary of King Edward Medical College, Lahore, 1981-83
Gold Medalist for the best sportsman for 1978-79 & 1981.
Member Lahore Zone Hockey team, 1978-81
Captain King Edward Medical College Hockey Team, 1981-83
Captain Aitchison College Hockey Team, 1975-76.
Awarded Gold Medal & Full College Blazer for the best sportsman, 1975-76.
Winner of 400meters open Punjab & runners-up in 400meters in Pakistan University in Athletics.
Record Holder for Pakistan under 18 swimming championship in Brest stroke
Member Punjab & Lahore swimming & athletic teams
Winner 1600meters cycle race at Aitchison College & 400 meters in athletics.
1-Prof.Nawaz Anjum phone: 00923334350807/00923008494525
2-Prof.Javaid sadiqui 0092425723399/00923234254875